Thursday, June 6, 2013

Creamy Bacon Ranch Chicken and Pasta

Over the last year or so, I discovered the joy of cooking with my slow cooker. I went on a kick where I was trying out new recipes on my family several nights a week. I had found this recipe on the Crockin' Girls website, and figured just by the recipe name (Bacon Ranch Chicken) that it would have to be delicious. Of course, I have made some modifications to the recipe and it has made it's way into our regular dinner rotation. I use more bacon, more garlic and have substituted Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream. The great thing about this recipe is you can make this dish as sinful or as skinny as you like. I've listed both the skinny and sinful options in the recipe. Enjoy!

Creamy Bacon Ranch Chicken and Pasta

What You'll Need:

  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    (I use frozen.)
  • 1 cup of Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt (skinny) or Sour Cream (sinful)
  • 1 can (98% Fat Free - skinny) Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 packet dry Ranch Dressing mix
  • 2 large cloves of Garlic, minced (approx 1 1/2 Tbsp)
  • 6-8 Slices of Bacon (sinful) or Turkey Bacon (skinny), cooked and crumbled
  • 1 package whole grain ribbon noodles or egg noodles


Directions:

Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
(I've just recently discovered the wonderful slow cooker liners by Reynolds. I don't know why I waited so long to try them out!)

In a medium bowl, combine yogurt (or sour cream), soup, ranch packet, garlic and bacon. Pour mixture over chicken.

Cook on LOW 4-6 hours or HIGH 2-3 hours.

After it's done cooking, the chicken will easily shred with a fork. Mix well with sauce.

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Toss the shredded chicken and sauce with as much of the cooked pasta as you'd like. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment