Saturday, June 15, 2013

Loaded Potato Salad

I've never been a huge fan of traditional potato salad, so I decided to make a potato salad that tasted more like a loaded baked potato! I thought of all my favorite toppings and then in place of the sour cream and butter, I opted to use nonfat plain Greek yogurt. The result was quite tasty and I think you'll agree! It also earned the seal of approval from both my husband and my father-in-law. Enjoy!

Loaded Potato Salad

What You'll Need:

  • 2 1/2 pounds Red Potatoes
  • 1 Packet dry Ranch Dressing Mix
  • 2 Cups Nonfat Greek Yogurt
  • 8 slices bacon
  • 1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/4 - 1/2 Cup Diced Green Onions
  • 1 -2 cloves Garlic, minced
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste
Directions: 

Peel and chop potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Season with salt, if desired. Bring to boil and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. 

Drain potatoes and spread them out on a cookie sheet. While they're still hot, sprinkle Ranch dressing mix over them and fold with a spatula to evenly coat. Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator to cool, about 30 minutes.

While the potatoes are cooling, cook bacon and crumble. 

In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, cheese, green onions, garlic and bacon crumbles. 

Gently fold in the cooled potatoes and chill at least 1-2 hours before serving.

1 comment: