Saturday, January 12, 2013

Chicken Bundles

There was no doubt, when I decided to create this blog, that chicken bundles would be the first recipe I would share. Anything wrapped in a crescent roll is a winner in my book...add chicken, cream cheese and garlic, and you really can't lose! After your friends and family taste this, I guarantee they will want the recipe and I'm happy to share! Enjoy!

Chicken Bundles (Yield: 8 bundles)

What You'll Need: 

  • 1 package (approx 1 lb) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 cans 8-count refrigerated crescent rolls 
  • 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup green onions, diced
  • 2 oz jar pimientos, drained
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
  • Salt and Pepper, to taste
  • 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
  • Italian seasoned bread crumbs
    (regular or Panko, your choice)






Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375.

In a large pan, brown the chicken. I usually season it with a little garlic powder, salt and pepper.

While the chicken is cooking, mix the softened cream cheese and butter together in a large mixing bowl. Add pimientos, green onion, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well.


Remove chicken from pan, chop well and add it to the cream cheese mixture.

Make sure you have a clean, sanitized work area on your counter.

Using two of the crescent roll triangles, roll out flat and seal the perforations to create a rectangle. Press and stretch the dough to make the rectangle about 4x6 inches. Spoon approximately 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into the center, pull the corners together and seal. 

Place on cookie sheet (lined with parchment, if you like).

Brush bundles with melted butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs.

Bake for 20-25 minutes.



4 comments:

  1. These are seriously one of our favorite recipes in our household. They're in the regular dinner rotation and get gobbled up pretty quickly. Love! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so delicious! I have to force myself not to make them every week. I don't do pimentos (personal taste) and I substitute frozen mixed veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family loves these! They've been in our dinner rotation for a while. Most of the time I grab a rotisserie chicken and cut it up because I'm pressed for time. Still so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorites! I dare anybody to eat just one. :)

    ReplyDelete