Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mushroom Ranch Shoulder Steaks

I ended up making this recipe due to circumstances completely beyond my control. I had gone grocery shopping armed with my planned menu for the week. I was going to make a slow cooker pork chop recipe that I had found online. Unfortunately, when I got to the commissary, there was no pork to be found because the barge carrying the pork and chicken failed to arrive for delivery. Oh, the joys of living in Alaska! After I thought about it for a minute and after looking over the beef selection, I decided to try substituting shoulder steaks into the recipe. The result was fantastic! My two year old exclaimed it was "Good meats!" and my husband said it melted in his mouth "like butter". Pretty good reviews if you ask me! Plus, you only need three ingredients! Enjoy!

Mushroom Ranch Shoulder Steaks


What You'll Need:
  • 6 beef shoulder steaks
  • 2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
  • 2 packets dry Ranch dressing mix








Directions: 

Place the steaks in the bottom of your Crock Pot.


In a medium mixing bowl, combine the two cans of soup and two packets of Ranch. Mix well.

Cover the steaks with the Ranch mixture.

Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.

No knife necessary! 


3 comments:

  1. Made this tonight and it was so tender and easy! I love the fact that it was super fast and simple to make but turned out super tender and had lots of flavor. This will be added into my meal rotation for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!! I made this tonight and it was SO yummy! My toddler ate a whole piece herself!..thank you

    ReplyDelete