Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki

I had bought some chicken thighs at the store and didn't have a plan for them. I was trying to come up with an idea of what to make when I realized that I had everything I needed to make some chicken teriyaki. Why not make it even easier on myself and throw it in the Crock Pot? We were very pleased with how well it turned out! The whole family loved it. Enjoy!

Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki



What You'll Need:

  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 2 - 6 oz cans pineapple juice
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    (not pictured...oops!)
  • 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup diced green onions
    (for optional garnish)






Directions:

Cut chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces. Place in bottom of slow cooker.
*Helpful Tip: I used my kitchen scissors to clean and cut the thighs and it was so fast!

In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter, juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, pepper and ginger. Mix well and pour over chicken in slow cooker. 


Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours. 

Remove chicken from slow cooker. With temp still set to HIGH, stir in cornstarch until sauce thickens. Return chicken to sauce.

Serve over bed of rice and garnish with green onions.




No comments:

Post a Comment