Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Simply Delicious Lasagna

This is a new recipe to our family. My friend Monica asked if I was looking for any new recipes and told me that she had a good lasagna recipe. I took her up on her offer and made it for the first time tonight. It really didn't take long to prepare or cook and it tastes so good! I am definitely adding this to my bag of tricks as my go-to lasagna. Thank you so much for sharing, Monica! Enjoy!

Simply Delicious Lasagna




What You'll Need:
  • Lasagna Noodles
    (I used whole-grain.)
  • 1 lb sausage
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Tablespoon Basil
  • 24 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups Ricotta Cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups Cottage Cheese
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
    *Note: Monica's original recipe called for 2 Tbsp parsley but I thought I'd sneak some veggies in so I substituted spinach. :)
  • Garlic Powder, to taste
  • 2 eggs, beaten 
  • 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 375.

Prepare 1/2 the package of pasta according to package directions. I only needed 8 noodles.

In a large skillet, brown the sausage with the minced garlic and basil. Drain and add the marinara sauce. Set aside.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine the Ricotta, Cottage and Parmesan cheeses with the spinach, eggs and garlic powder. Mix well. 

In a 13x9 baking dish, using half of each, layer the pasta, cheese mixture, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat.
You could also prepare this ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator until you're ready to bake. 

Bake for 35 minutes. Add an additional 15 minutes if cold. 



No comments:

Post a Comment