Monday, January 14, 2013

Savory Pot Roast and Vegetables

Recently, I've become obsessed with my Crock Pot and the delicious recipes that I've managed to create with it. I'm sure I will be adding more than a few slow cooker recipes to this blog!

My longtime friend, Lauren, sent me a recipe for a pot roast that sounded amazing! She had found it online (Pinterest, of course) and said it was delicious. Lauren had added red potatoes to hers and I decided to follow her lead and then throw some more vegetables into the mix...because, rarely do I get a recipe that I don't do something to in order to make it my own. So easy and so good! :)

Enjoy!

Savory Pot Roast and Vegetables

What you'll need:

  • Beef Shoulder Pot Roast (approx 2-3 lbs)
  • Red Potatoes, quartered (approx 12 potatoes)
  • 2-3 Carrots, sliced 
  • Small/Medium Red Onion, cut into 8 wedges
  • 4 whole, peeled garlic cloves
  • 1 packet dry Ranch Dressing mix
  • 1 packet dry Zesty Italian Dressing mix
  • 1 packet dry Brown Gravy mix
  • 1/2 cup water







Directions:

Place the pot roast into a large slow cooker. I use a 6 qt Crock Pot.

In a small bowl, combine the Ranch, Italian and Gravy packets with 1/2 cup of water. Mix well. Pour mixture over the roast.


Add onions, garlic, carrots and potatoes to the slow cooker.


Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.




3 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I think I will make it this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a hit in our house. I hope you like it! :)

      Delete